Westchester,CA: A small glimpse into the history and geography…
Westchester, CA: A small glimpse into the history and geography of this community
Westchester is the home to LAX, Los Angeles International Airport that is.
Since those of you who read my blog posts know that I always enjoy providing and discussing how diverse the greater Los Angeles real estate market is. Too many people have the misconception that Los Angeles is only home to the multimillion dollar mansions and the population consists of only the super rich.
If you are unfamiliar with Westchester let me share with you a few interesting facts:
1. Westchester consists of a little less than eleven square miles of real estate.
2. The largest neighbor is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and is considered part of Westchester.
3. It is also surrounded by Playa Del Rey, Culver City, El Segundo, Inglewood and Lenox to name a few of its adjacent neighbors.
4. Westchester does not call home to many of the notable members of the entertainment community as their local residents. Never the less there are a few people from the entertainment industry who call Westchester their home.
5. The Average Income is around $106,000-$135,000 per year depending whose figures you are quoting. This is often considered low for the greater Los Angeles area. Clearly a middle class pocket of Los Angeles at the moment.
6. The population is around 40,000 give or take again depending whose figures you go by.
It is very conveniently located not only to the Airport but to other areas of Los Angeles. For example Westchester at its furthest point is only about nine miles driving distance to the Ocean and in some points less than one mile from it. Beverly Hills is about six miles in a straight line distance that should tell you something why it is a valuable location from a convenience standpoint.
If you are a consumer who is considering buying or selling a home, investment real estate, vacation homes, or beach properties in Southern California, Los Angeles, Century City, Westwood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Culver City, Playa Vista, Marina Del Rey, Venice or Malibu. Feel Free to give me a call at 310.486.1002 or email me at email@example.com or visit one of my websites at http://www.endrebarath.com Your Pet Friendly Realtor. I contribute a portion of my commission to Local Animal Rescue Organizations